Live stream today's Council meeting
The Council Meeting is being streamed live today at 2.00pm.
Click here to view
What approvals do I need?
What approvals do I need? - Subdivision
Subdivision is the division of land into two or more parts which can be disposed of separately.
|Do I need approval?
A planning permit is required for subdivision by all zones, by some overlays and by Clause 52.29 of the Planning Scheme to subdivide land adjacent to a Road Zone, Category 1. Some exemptions apply for minor 'realignments' of boundaries but this should be confirmed by talking to a planner.
Please note: whilst it is not a requirement, it is advisable to engage a qualified and experienced planning consultant or land surveyor to assist you with preparing an application for subdivision due to the potential complexities of the Planning Scheme and the subdivision process. You will be required to engage a qualified and registered land surveyor to have final survey plans prepared and registered before new titles can be issued for any new lots.
If you are unsure or would like to talk to a planner you can call (03) 5662 9200 or please click here to book a time to meet with a Planner.
A building permit is not required for a subdivision.
Subdivision of land does not require a wastewater permit, however a Land Capability Assessment may be required to support your planning permit application for subdivision if the land is not sewered. Please discuss this further with your planning officer or contact Council's Environmental Health team.
|What do I need to submit?
Completed Planning Application Form and checklist
- Relevant fees (refer to the planning fees schedule)
- A current copy of title for the land, no more than 60 days old
- Three (3) copies of a plan drawn to scale (feature survey preferably) showing; dimensions, any existing building and their current use, shape of the land, any vegetation and any existing access or parking areas.
- Three (3) copies of proposed plan of subdivision drawn to scale and A3 in size, showing; the dimensions and area of each lot proposed, setbacks of any boundary to existing building and existing and proposed easements, access or parking areas.
- A written statement explaining:
- The purpose of the subdivision
- The current use of the land and any proposed future use
- How the proposed meets the objectives or purpose of each relevant Zone, Overlay or particular provision.
- Any other information specifically required by the Planning Scheme such as a Land Capability Assessment, Subdivision site and context description or Bushfire Management Statement, etc.