- Korumburra Revitalisation Project
Korumburra Revitalisation Project
The Korumburra Revitalisation Project will create the vital upgrade needed for the Korumburra CBD.
The Korumburra Revitalisation Project is a combined project of the Korumburra Railway Station Land redevelopment and town centre upgrade. It also includes the development of a new Community Hub.
The combined project provides distinct stages of the overarching of the revitalisation of the Korumburra CBD. The project will reinvigorate the town centre that will meet the needs of the community through development of integrated services and the platform to attract investment.
Consideration of the new supermarket that is being developed within town has been taken into account with the implementation of the overall project. The development of the new supermarket requires the relocation of the Library, Senior Citizens and Rotary Club from their current site.
A number of benefits will be experienced by the South Gippsland community including:
- Stimulate investment within the town with new and expanding businesses providing economic growth and new employment opportunities
- Embrace the image and enhance the identity of Korumburra
- Provide sustainable transport options for the Town Centre with clear pedestrian access and movement
- Upgrade amenities in the CBD including roads, footpaths, landscaping and street furniture
- Develop a precinct within the grounds of the Railway Station, including the heritage station building, which will bring together various community services and open space activities.
The Korumburra Revitalisation Project will provide a positive impact to the local community and economy by strategically developing the core commercial spine of the town and its immediately adjacent community facilities, car parks and railway assets.
Once complete, the project will play an important role in attracting new residents, businesses and visitors to Korumburra. While the Korumburra town centre has many attractive historic and landmark buildings, the streetscape and public areas are underutilised and poorly presented. By revitalising town centre will address these issues and provide a sense of
Connectivity between the Main Street and railway station precinct will link the business centre with the community services and organisations (such as Library, Community House, Art Spaces) at the Railway Station site. In summary, the project will create economic stimulus, visual amenity and increase business and tourist attraction for Korumburra.