Council investigates complaints in relation to breaches of building and planning legislation.
These complaints can include:
- Undertaking new building work without the required building and/or planning permit;
- Removal of native vegetation without the required planning permit;
- Demolition of a building without a building permit and/or in some cases a planning permit;
- Building works that are inconsistent with the approved planning permit or endorsed plans (for example planting vegetation that is not in compliance with the planning permit);
- Altering/changing building heights, materials and colour finishes where specified differently in the planning permit
- Illegal use of land i.e. operating an industrial use in a residential area; and
- Changing the use of land/building without a building and/or planning permit i.e. converting a shed to a dwelling.
When a complaint is received, Council assesses the risk to determine priority and act on it accordingly (based on resource allocation).