Live stream today's Council meeting
The Council Meeting is being streamed live today at 2.00pm.Click here to view
Council investigates complaints in relation to breaches of building and planning legislation.
These complaints can include:
- Undertaking new building work without the required building and/or planning permit;
- Removal of native vegetation without the required planning permit;
- Demolition of a building without a building permit and/or in some cases a planning permit;
- Building works that are inconsistent with the approved planning permit or endorsed plans (for example planting vegetation that is not in compliance with the planning permit);
- Altering/changing building heights, materials and colour finishes where specified differently in the planning permit
- Illegal use of land i.e. operating an industrial use in a residential area; and
- Changing the use of land/building without a building and/or planning permit i.e. converting a shed to a dwelling.
When a complaint is received, Council assesses the risk to determine priority and act on it accordingly (based on resource allocation).