The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) is responsible for all matters relating to Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in becoming an Australian citizen, or would like to find out if you are eligible, please phone the DIBP hotline – 13 18 80 or visit the DIBP website. Once your Application for Australian Citizenship has been submitted, DIBP are responsible for letting you know if your application has been successfully approved.
Once approved, your name will be added to a Citizenship Ceremony waiting list and Council will be informed.
We will send you a letter of invitation which will comprehensively outline all the information you will need for your attendance at the ceremony.
Citizenship Ceremonies scheduled for 2016 are as follows:
- 6.00pm Wednesday 23 November 2016, Council Chambers
Citizenship Ceremonies scheduled for 2017 are as follows:
- 10.30am Thursday 26 January 2017, location to be confirmed
- 6.00pm Wednesday 3 May 2017, Council Chambers
- 6.00pm Wednesday 2 August 2017, Council Chambers
- 6.00pm Wednesday 1 November 2017, Council Chambers - cancelled due to no applications received and/or approved by this date.
- Friday 26 January 2018 - venue and time to be confirmed.
Majority of ceremonies are held at the Council Chamber, Michael Place, Leongatha, Victoria and presided by the Mayor.
For additional information regarding Citizenship Ceremonies held in South Gippsland, please call 03 5662 9200 or email email@example.com