Sustainable Living In South Gippsland
Live today so that we have enough for tomorrow!
What you can do:
- Reduce your waste, recycle as much as possible
- Reduce your energy use and consider renewable energy such as solar
- Buy only as much food as you need, use it all and buy it from local supplier
- Share with your community, your time as a volunteer, carpool or take a bus
- Prepare for climate change, hotter, drier with more extreme weather
Make Local Links:
Sustainability Gippsland The ''go to place" for all things Sustainable in Gippsland. A partnership project of Gippsland Local Councils.
Southern Gippsland Food Map Find the best and freshest local food. A partnership project with Bass Coast Shire Council
What we are doing:
To assist the growth of Sustainable Communities, we work to a plan which is known as the Sustainability Strategy.
We are proud to be implementing the following projects and participating in exciting sustainability projects. We actively seek Government funding and pursue local partnerships to make these possible:
- Reducing Council's carbon emissions
- Love Food Hate Waste Partnership with Sustainability Victoria
- Adapting Council Services to Climate Change
- Local Food Production, Distribution & Climate Adaption
- Sustainable Kinder Kids
- Southern Gippsland Sustainability Festival
- Food and Sustainability Hub Korumburra (Entrance to Coal Creek)
- Assisting businesses to be more sustainable and save money