Parking permit for people with disability
To obtain disabled parking permit you will need to complete a disabled parking permit application. The first page of the document will need to be completed by the applicant or agents acting on behalf of the applicant, the remainder of the form must be completed and signed by your doctor.
To have your disabled parking permit renewed after it has expired you will need to follow the same process as a new disabled parking permit.
If you have misplaced your disabled parking permit, please contact customer service on 5662 9200 to organise a replacement.
Council issues permits for people with disability. Permit eligibility is determined through assessment. The following information applies to a disability parking permit:
- The permit must only be displayed when the vehicle is being used to transport the individual to whom the permit was issued.
- It cannot be used if the permit holder is not travelling in the vehicle.
- Permits must be clearly displayed so the permit number and expiry date are visible from the exterior of the vehicle.
- Parking is not permitted in restricted locations such as Clearways, No Stopping, No Parking Areas, Taxi Only Areas, Bus Zones, and Authorised Resident Areas.
- An individual is entitled to hold only one disability parking permit.
- All disabled parking permits have an expiry date, please see your permit to confirm the date.