eServices and eTendering portals will be unavailable from 5.00pm to 9.00pm today (23 April) due to core network maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Changes to Home and Community Care Services
Update on the provision of Home and Community Care Services.
Council will cease to provide Home and Community Care Services after 31 March 2019 and a new provider will provide the services. Previously it was thought that this change may occur on 1 October 2018 dependant on a suitable provider being chosen by the State and Federal Governments.
While we cannot tell you all the details at this stage because of Council’s confidentiality obligations, we can tell you that:
- Council will cease to provide Home and Community Care Services on 31 March 2019. A new provider has been identified, now it is the State and Commonwealth Governments that must approve their appointment.
- Home and Community Care Services will not be affected by the change in provider. Services will continue to be provided, just not by Council.
- Council is committed to working with the State and Commonwealth Governments to ensure that existing service levels will be maintained.
- Staff will be available at Council to provide information and assistance to all Home and Community Care clients about the change even after the new provider takes over.
- Assessment Services will continue to be operated by Council.
- Community meetings will be held once we can confirm the name of the new provider.
- Council will keep you updated.
There are a few reasons for this:
- The new funding model is better suited to be operated by services independent from local government.
- It is the most cost effective option for Council and the community.
- We believe it is important to try to anticipate what the new service delivery model may bring, to help ensure minimal disruption to our clients in the future.
Council is fortunate to have a professional, skilled and enthusiastic team of Home and Community Care workers who are dedicated to their local community. Council’s decision to stop providing the service does not, in any way, reflect on the ability of staff.