COVID-19 Support Package
Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.Find out more
Update 17 September
As of 17 September 2020, there are 947 active coronavirus cases in Victoria with 28 new cases overnight. More than 2.5 million tests have been conducted, 18,217 have recovered and there have been 745 deaths.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is publishing high risk locations daily, with new locations added and those greater than 14 days old removed. Testing data by local government area and case numbers by postcode via this interactive map of Victoria are also available.
Support for early childhood services
Premier Daniel Andrews and Minister for Education James Merlino today announced $26.7 million in extra funding to support early childhood services as they reopen to all Victorian children on 5 October. Community-based, local government and school providers offering sessional programs will be eligible for about $500 per enrolment to provide children with access to a free 15-hour program each week.
Funding for seasonal workers
The Victorian Government today announced a $17 million package to help address seasonal workforce shortages brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and reiterated the call for farmers to register their workforce needs on the Working for Victoria platform to be matched with jobseekers. The package will help boost the supply of COVIDSafe accommodation for seasonal workers, including working with councils and local accommodation providers.
- Coronavirus update for Victoria – 17 September
- Coronavirus hotline: 1800 675 398
- Victorian coronavirus data on the DHHS website
- High risk locations on the DHHS website
- COVID-19 roadmap to reopening on the Victorian Government website
- First step restrictions summary for metropolitan Melbourne on the DHHS website
- Third step restrictions summary for regional Victoria on the DHHS website
- Test isolation and worker support payment information on the DHHS website
- Face coverings: whole of Victoria on the DHHS website
- How to safely wear a face covering video on the DHHS website
- Translated resources on the DHHS website
- Interactive map of testing locations in Victoria on the DHHS website
- Interactive coronavirus self-assessment on the DHHS website
- National Debt Hotline: 1800 007 007
- Your coronavirus questions answered on the DHHS website
- Mental health resources on the DHHS website