COVID-19 Support Package
Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.Find out more
Volunteering with Council
Change Makers Program
|Update 24 May, 2019|
Last Friday was day one of the Change Makers Program. 19 community members from across the shire came together to begin their nine day journey learning skills and strategies to build successful community projects.
Change Makers is an exciting new program aimed at supporting community members who have a great idea for positive change in their community. It is for anyone who has an idea but is unsure how to make it fly.
Participants attend 10 full day sessions over nine months commencing early May 2019. The sessions will run on a Thursday or a Friday from 9.00am - 3.30pm and is fully catered.
The cost per participant is $100 and participants need to be able to commit to the entire program.
The course will focus on building skills to refine, review and plan a project with topics such as:
- How to engage their community
- How to develop and manage a successful project
- How people in their teams function
- Skills of communicating for successful outcomes
- The components of building sustainability into project design
- How to source, seek and communicate with grants bodies, learn the basics of fundraising and managing the budget
- How to navigate and manage conflict
- Being Social – the press, social media and marketing
- How to run a community events to build community support
Applications for Change Makers is now closed.