COVID-19 Support Package
Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.Find out more
QPR & RUOK Training Available
Local Men Local Communities in partnership with Wellways and Lifeline brings you QPR and RUOK training. Training will be delivered either online via Zoom or face-to-face by a qualified facilitator.
A Zoom link will be sent following registration if the training is online.
QPR - Question, Persuade, Refer (face to face or online) with a Wellways facilitator.
Suicide prevention training course for people who have not completed prior training on suicide prevention or mental health first aid.
- Identify the warning signs of someone at risk
- Have confidence to speak to them about their thoughts
- Learn the tools to connect the person with professional care
Register now through Eventbrite for one of the sessions available in February and March.
RUOK - Mind Your Mates (a shorter introductory online session) with a Lifeline facilitator.
An introduction to starting a conversation with someone you are worried about. To know what to do if you ask RUOK and the answer is no.
- A brief introduction 1 hour course similar to QPR
- Start and keep a conversation going
- Allow others to explore their thoughts and feelings
Register now through Eventbrite for one of the sessions available in March.