COVID-19 Support Package
Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.Find out more
QPR Training & Mind Your Mates Available
Local Men Local Communities in partnership with Wellways and Lifeline brings you QPR training and Mind Your Mates.
Sessions will be delivered either online via Zoom or face-to-face by a qualified facilitator.
A Zoom link will be sent following registration if the training is online.
QPR - Question, Persuade, Refer (face to face or online) with a Wellways facilitator.
Suicide prevention training session for people who have not completed prior training on suicide prevention or mental health first aid.
- Identify the warning signs of someone at risk
- Have confidence to speak to them about their thoughts
- Learn the tools to connect the person with professional care
Register now through Eventbrite for one of the sessions available in February and March.
Mind Your Mates (a shorter introductory online session) with a Lifeline facilitator.
An introduction to starting a conversation with someone you are worried about. To know what to do if you ask RUOK and the answer is no.
- A brief introduction 1 hour session similar to QPR
- Start and keep a conversation going
- Allow others to explore their thoughts and feelings
Register now through Eventbrite for one of the sessions available in March.