Expressions of Interest sought for the Arts Advisory Committee
We are calling for Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and interested members of the community who would like to be part of a newly formed South Gippsland Arts Advisory Committee.
The Committee will be an exciting and dynamic thinktank of creative locals, whose purpose is to collaborate with Council's Arts, Culture and Visitor Economy team and contribute to future planning and decision making, specifically in the delivery of the Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Strategy 2022 - 2026.
There will be seven members of the Committee - six independent members selected through an Expression of Interest process*. One representative from Council's Arts, Culture and Visitor Economy team will also be a member of the Committee with other officers in attendance as required.
We value individuals who have a wide breadth of understanding of the arts, locally and beyond. We welcome applications from practicing creatives across the sector, from the visual arts, performance, music and literature, as well as from creative industries, and arts management and governance.
Applicants are required to provide:
- A brief outline (up to 500 words) outlining your creative experience and why you would like to be part of the Committee to Mary Sullivan - Arts Development Officer.
- Two referees.
Interviews may be conducted following receipt of the Expression of Interest.
Applications will be assessed by an internal panel using following selection criteria:
- Skills and experience in the arts and creative industries sector, both locally and beyond.
- Understanding of the complexities and opportunities involved in depending an arts program within a regional context.
- Understanding of Council and governance processes.
- Strong communication and personal engagement skills.
- Skills and experience in working collaboratively and building and maintaining relationships in the community.
Those who are selected must be willing to commit to:
- Joining the Committee on a voluntary basis. However, successful applicants will be eligible for reimbursement for any travel costs.
- A maximum term of two years commencing from the start of the appointment of Committee members, unless otherwise extended in writing by the Council.
- A commitment of approximately 20 to 50 hours per year.
- Attending pre-scheduled Committee meetings (up to four per year).
- Completing any required research / pre-meeting tasks (such as reading matter and plans).
- Agree to keep matters confidential.
Expressions of Interests are now closed.
For all enquiries, please contact Mary Sullivan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 5662 9200.
*Please Note: While we do encourage individuals to apply who are currently engaged in specific arts groups, organisations and projects, your role on this Committee will be to assist in the implementation of the Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Strategy, and not to advocate for your particular group, activity or cause.