- Gippsland Events Acquisition Fund - EOI
Gippsland Events Acquisition Fund - EOI
What is the GEAF?
The Acquisition Fund aims to strengthen and sustain events across Gippsland by providing funding support for events that will attract visitors and provide economic benefits for the Gippsland region. All successful Expressions of Interest will be invited to submit an application, which will then be assessed by Events Gippsland. No financial contribution is required from event organisers, however there are application guidelines that have to be met.
The Acquisition Fund is a key initiative of the new peak event body ‘Events Gippsland’ which is supported by Regional Development Victoria, Latrobe Valley Authority and local councils, including South Gippsland Shire Council. It is also a Council Plan initiative.
Enquiries to Danielle Todaro, 5662 9322 or email email@example.com
Expressions of Interest close 5.00pm Friday 28 July 2023.
To apply, events will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be an existing event or can demonstrate that planning has commenced for an event.
- The event will be held prior to 30 June 2024
- Demonstrate why funds are required.
- The nominated event meets the following criteria:
- Does the event provide an economic benefit (increase local spend and visitation)?
- Showcases South Gippsland and more broadly Gippsland as a tourism destination, encouraging extended stays and return visits.
- The event supports Council and regional priorities
- The event activates local infrastructure, builds pride of place in our community and strengthens Gippsland’s reputation as a place for major events.
- Demonstrate how the event engages with the local community.
- Demonstrate local business engagement and benefit.
- Does the event have potential to be a signature Gippsland event?
Who can apply to the Fund?
Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN). EOI’s will be considered from the following legal entities:
- business and industry groups including:
- chambers of commerce and business associations
- industry peak bodies
- business and industry clusters and networks
- incorporated not-for-profit organisations, including community groups that are a:
- cooperative or association
- social enterprise organisation
- public/private partnerships, through an incorporated entity