- Australia Day Film and Photography Competition
Australia Day Film and Photography Competition
Films and images need to capture this year’s Australia Day theme, which is:
Australia Day: Reflect, Respect, Celebrate
We’re All Part of the Story
**Please note a screening of films and images from the selected finalists was going to be shown at the Leongatha Cinema on Australia. Unfortunately, the Cinema sustained significant damage during a recent storm and is currently closed while repairs are undertaken. In light of this - and due to the increased COVID numbers in our community - winners will be now be announced via an online premiere on Australia Day at 5.00pm. Tune in to this page to access. We apologise for this late change.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
|Best Short Film||$800|
|Best Short Film (under 15)||$200|
|Best Image (under 15)||$100|
To be eligible, film and image submissions must be received by: 11.59pm Sunday 16 January, 2022
Terms and conditions:
- Photos and films must be taken in the South Gippsland region or nearby.
- Photographers and filmmakers must be residents or ratepayers of South Gippsland Shire.
Employees of South Gippsland Shire Council are not eligible to enter.
- All people appearing in the films of photographs must give their consent to be included.
- Photos/films must be your own work with the exception of parents/carers who can submit on behalf of their child.
- Films must not be more than four minutes in length.
- No more than two photo/video entries per person.
- Winners will be selected by a panel comprising subject matter professionals and SGSC Councillors.
- We would like to be able to use any submitted images/videos for the promotion of Australia Day in South Gippsland. As such, please only submit entries that you are willing to allow South Gippsland Shire Council and the National Australia Day Council to use for this purpose. Ownership remains yours - we just want to use them to showcase our region within an Australia Day context.
- Shoot in horizonal format (not vertical)
- Try to film in a quiet environment
- Max 600 MB