Skip to content Skip to search Skip to main navigation

COVID-19 Support Package

Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.

Find out more

Boundary Fences

If you would like to build a dividing fence (a fence built to separate two pieces of adjoining land) then you will need to:

  1. Check whether you need a permit or approval
  2. If no approvals are required, you will then need to consult with your neighbour and fulfill all obligations under the Fences Act.
  3. If you are unsure of who owns the land adjoining your property, you can complete a property request form.

For more information on the Fencing Act contact the Dispute Resolution Settlement Centre of Victoria.


Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria

The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) is a free dispute resolution service funded by the Victorian Government. DSCV provides mediation services, as well as training and accrediting mediators to national standards.