COVID-19 Support Package
Find out more about Council's $2M COVID-19 Community Support Package.Find out more
- Shire and Community Statistics
Shire and Community Statistics
- The official population of South Gippsland is 29,914 (ABS estimated resident population)
- Our five most populous towns are Leongatha (5,654), Korumburra (4,469), Mirboo North (2,324), Foster (1,842) and Nyora (1,527)
- 47% of the population are aged 50 or over
- 2.4 people (on average) per household
- 47 is the median age of people residing in the Shire
- 5% of the population speak a language other than English at home
- 30% of households are ‘couples without children’
- 25% of households are ‘couples with children’
- 27% are lone person households
South Gippsland Shire Council, Bass Coast Shire Council and the South Coast Prevention Team are working together to improve the health and wellbeing of our community. For the first time we are partnering to review the health data, listen to our community and establish shared priorities and actions. Our Story is a snapshot of the health and wellbeing of our community and is the first step. Together with community feedback, it will be used to shape our combined priorities and actions.
We are pleased to release Our Story - a five minute animated video of our key health and wellbeing data.