Storm Event Update
Please click here for updates on the storm response and available supports.Download the Latest Update
- Youth Council
What is the South Gippsland Youth Council (SGYC)
South Gippsland Youth Council is a committee of young people who represent the voice of youth who live, work and/or study in South Gippsland.
SGYC is led by young people and supported by the Council to develop and deliver projects and campaigns, and advocate for the youth in South Gippsland. They also function as an advisory group for Council by:
- Providing a means for youth to engage with different people, gather feedback, and suggest innovations to the South Gippsland Shire Council, other levels of government and the community
- Identifying key issues relating to young people in South Gippsland and actively participating in the development of strategies to address these
- Raising the profile of young people in South Gippsland and sharing their valuable contribution to our community
- Providing opportunities for young people to actively participate in civic decision-making processes
What are the benefits of being involved?
- Work with key decision-makers in the community
- Lead the development and delivery of projects that are important to young people
- Meet other like-minded young people
- Have fun and be challenged!
Who can join the SGYC?
If you live anywhere in the South Gippsland Shire, are between 14 - 24 years old, and are passionate about improving the quality of life for young people in our communities.
We actively encourage applications from young people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, as well as those living with a disability; are culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse and who identify with the LGBTIQ community.