- Mirboo North Outdoor Pool Redevelopment
Mirboo North Outdoor Pool Redevelopment
The redevelopment of the Mirboo North pool is a large capital works project that will secure the future of a community asset that has been used and loved by local residents since 1904. It is expected that the new facility will be able to meet the needs of the community for another 50 plus years.
A total of $5.73 million has been allocated to the project. In an amazing effort, the Mirboo North Community raised $1 million to support the project. The Federal Government contributed $600,000 and the Victorian Government $190,000. Council will fund the remaining project cost.
Progress Report - October 2021
- Construction works complete.
- A conditional Certificate of Practical Completion was issued by Council on 19/08/2021, and Occupancy Permit was received on 23/08/2021.
- Splash Park floor finish works are still awaiting a window of warm dry weather to be completed (required for Warranty reasons) – scheduled for mid to late October.
- Swimming Pool Heat pumps have been commissioned and are producing hot water. Heat Pumps are scheduled to be turned on by mid October.
- The ongoing wet weather has delayed essential works that need to be completed prior to opening. Laying of turf, tree works and carparking improvements all require heavy equipment to be able to access the site. With continued rain, the site has been too wet for these activities to occur.
- Information on the new opening date will be provided as the necessary works are completed. It is anticipated that subject to weather and COVID restrictions this will be able to occur in late November.