Storm Event Update
Please click here for updates on the storm response and available supports.Download the Latest Update
Spotlight on Sandy Point
- The population of Sandy Point is 270.
- Sandy Point's population has had a considerable growth between the years 2006 and 2016.
- Only 18 people are reported to have moved to Sandy Point from overseas, the dates of these migrations were between the years 1956 and 1985.
- There is only one language listed as being spoken at home, other than English.
- 1.5 percent of the population of Sandy Point needing help in their day to day lives due to disability.
- There are 96 people in the workforce in Sandy Point with a lower proportion of people in full time work and a larger proportion of people working part time.
- The individual median income in Sandy Point is higher than South Gippsland.
- A higher proportion of households in Sandy Point earn between $800 and $900 than in South Gippsland.
- A larger proportion of children attended Government Primary Schools than Victoria.
- 26 percent of people in Sandy Point attended an educational institution in 2016.
- There are 678 dwellings in Sandy Point with only 97 permanently occupied.