Storm Support Information
Storm support information can be found at the link below.Click for Storm Support Information
Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice project aims to make picking healthy options easier when eating out within South Gippsland and Bass Coast. Supported by the Victorian Government, the partnership group worked with food businesses to design methods to encourage healthy eating that fits their business and customers.
Participating businesses include:
- Claypot Curry House - Woolamai
- Mirboo North Hotel - Mirboo North
- Phillip Island RSL's Lone Pine Bistro - Cowes
- The Austral Hotel - Korumburra
You may notice some changes in these stores including the ‘Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice’ logo and branding.
The project uses a traffic light rating to classify food as Red, Amber or Green based on its nutritional value.
- Green - Best Choice: These foods and drinks are the healthiest choices.
- Amber - Choose Carefully: These foods and drinks should be selected carefully and consumed in moderation.
- Red - Limit: These foods and drinks should be consumed rarely and in small amounts. These items are not essential in a balanced diet.