Skip to content Skip to search Skip to main navigation


Where can I dispose of Asbestos?
If you are transporting the material as a homeowner, then the material can be taken to the Koonwarra Landfill as it is classified as ‘domestic asbestos’.

If you have organised for a licensed asbestos removalist to transport the material or if it comes from a non-residential property, the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) classifies the waste as ‘commercial asbestos’ and it cannot be accepted at the Koonwarra Landfill. This material should be taken to a landfill that accepts commercial asbestos.

For information and assistance on identifying asbestos on your property, please click here.

For additional information, please visit For any further enquiries please call 5662 9200.