Storm Support Information
Storm support information can be found at the link below.Click for Storm Support Information
Raffles & Fundraising Appeals
Raffles and Fundraising Appeals
Holding a raffle or fundraising appeal within South Gippsland will generally require approval from Council’s Local Laws team.
Raffles can only be run by organisations that have been declared by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR). The organisation can hold a raffle without a minor gaming permit as long as the prize value is $5,000 or less.
I want to run a raffle, what do I need to do?
- Ensure your organisation has a current declaration number from the Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation.
- Contact Council’s Local Laws team to check if the dates you require are available.
- Complete the Street Stall, Raffle & Appeal Submission form.
- Attach a copy of your organisation’s current public liability insurance policy.
- Lodge your submission with Council no less than 10 days before the activity is to be carried out.
- You will be sent a confirmation letter confirming your dates and locations.
What are the requirements to run a raffle?
What dates and locations are available?
Locations will vary from town to town and will depend on whether it’s Council owned/operated land or private property.
If you wish to fundraise in either Leongatha or Korumburra, Council will give approval for a maximum of two groups at the same time and only one group in all other towns. This is to give all groups an equal chance to raise funds. To find out what dates are available prior to submitting your form, please contact Local Laws on 5662 9200.
For further information on holding a Raffle or Fundraising appeal please see the FAQs.