Skip to content Skip to search Skip to main navigation

Application for report and consent

General Matters - Demolition - Build Over Easement

You (or your Building Surveyor) may require the consent from Council to vary certain aspects of the Building Regulations prior to having a Building Permit issued. These consents generally relate to the siting matters, construction over easements, building projections over the street alignment, public protection that are located over the street and demolition works.

All applications must be accompanied by two copies of the plans, copy of a current Title, Title Plan and details of any instruments such as Covenants, Encumbrances or Section 173 Agreements that might be registered on the Title. You will also need to explain why you require the variation to the Regulations. For siting variations an assessment against the relevant parts of the Minister’s Guideline is to be submitted with the application.

Please note that if you have a Building Surveyor, they will be able to assist you with the application or apply on your behalf.

Download a hardcopy form