Register Your Pet
Animal Registration Fees (full year)
|Sterilised dog or cat registration||$50.40|
|Sterilised dog or cat registration (pensioner rebate)||$25.20|
|Unsterilised dog or cat registration||$149.05|
|Unsterilised dog or cat registration (pensioner rebate)||$74.50|
|Restricted breed, dangerous or menacing dog registration||$286.60|
|Reduced fees apply for desexed dogs/cats, dogs/cats over the age of ten years, working dogs, dogs trained by an applicable organisation, registered Domestic Animal Businesses, members of an applicable organisation and DEDJTR-registered scent trailing hounds.|
Council has introduced monthly pro-rata fees for new animal registrations, which apply on the 10th of each month. Please contact Council's Customer Service Team on 5662 9200 to confirm the registration fee applicable.
Notify Council as soon as your animal becomes deceased or rehomed and you may be eligible for a partial refund of your registration fees. You will need to provide banking details for any refund to be processed. Alternatively, you can have your refund transferred to your Rates Account.
- All dogs and cats over the age of three months must be registered and wear a Council issued registration tag.
- Owners of unregistered dogs and cats may incur an on the spot fine.
- The annual animal registration period is from 10 April to 9 April every year.
- Animal registration renewals are mailed to registered dog and cat owners in March each year.
- Council must be notified in writing about any change of address or dog ownership so registration records can be kept up to date.
- For entitlements to reduced registrations fees, the animal owner must provide proof of desexing, microchip implantation or working dog status. If no proof can be shown, then a statutory declaration must be made and signed by an Authorised Witness.