Storm Support Information
Storm support information can be found at the link below.Click for Storm Support Information
Register Your Pet
In accordance with the Domestic Animals Act 1994, all dogs and cats three months and older must be registered with the Council in which they reside.
Animal Registration Fees (full year)
|Registration Fees - Valid until 10 April 2020||Standard Fee||Concession Fee|
|Restricted breed dog, declared dangerous dog or declared menacing dog||$313.00||Not Eligible|
|Unsterilised dog or cat (microchipped only)||$162.00||$81.00|
Sterilised (desexed) dog or cat
|Transfer or current registration from another Victorian Council (copy of current registration from previous Council must be provided).||Free|
Documentation for Reduced Fees
If your animal is eligible for a reduction in fees documented proof of eligibility is required. If certificates cannot be supplied a Statutory Declaration will be required.
State Government Levy
Registration fees include the State Government Levy pursuant to the Domestic Animals Act 1994.
Holders of eligible pension cards are entitled to 50 percent reduction in registration fees (this excludes restricted breed, declared dangerous or menacing dogs). Please present your card in person at the time of registration and ensure that the Consent to Check Centrelink Details section is signed and dated. Concession fees are not applicable to Health Care Card holders.
Council issues lifetime registration tags that registered animals are required to wear at all times when off their property. The owner of a registered animal found without a tag may incur a fine. If your animal has lost its tag, please contact Customer Service on 5662 9200.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more details about your animal registration.
- It is compulsory for all dogs and cats kept within the South Gippsland Shire to be implanted with a microchip.
- If an animal is owned by a child under the age of 18, the dog or cat must be registered in the parent’s or guardian’s name.
- Owners of unregistered dogs and/or cats may incur an on the spot fine.
- The annual animal registration period is from 11 April to 10 April every year.
- Animal registration renewals are mailed to registered dog and cat owners in March each year.
- Council must be notified in writing about any change of address or dog ownership so registration records can be kept up to date.