Skip to content Skip to search Skip to main navigation

Prescribed Accommodation

Council registers and inspects accommodation types that pose an increased public health risk. These 'prescribed accommodation' include:

  • Hotels and motels
  • Student dormitories
  • Holiday camps
  • Rooming houses.
  • Any type of dwelling where:
    • Excluding the family of the occupier, six or more guests can be accommodated, and
    • The property can be occupied by more than one occupying group. (This includes B&Bs and guesthouses which can accommodate six or more guests.)

See our Guide to Prescribed Accommodation for a more detailed list of what is and isn’t prescribed accommodation.

More information is also available for Registering, Transferring and Renewing prescribed accommodation registration.